Thursday, December 12, 2013

Move-in minus two weeks

Hi everyone! Things are moving along at the house. I found a couple of nice guys from Staunton (a town in the Shenandoah Valley, about 30 minutes over the mountains from here) who are going to sand and refinish the floors. They love old houses and have a lot of experience with them, so I'm really excited to have them take on the project. They start next Wednesday the 18th, which means I'll probably be able to start moving my kitchen, bathroom and pantry stuff into the house over the Christmas holiday, and then can actually have movers transport the heavy furniture and books on the 27th or 28th. It will be the best birthday present ever!

The HVAC system is almost entirely installed, and will be 98% done tomorrow, when they will hook up the system and turn it on for the first time. They will drain the hot water pipes, since they'll no longer be needed, and I'm going to see if I can remove them myself this weekend (!!!). All it takes is a hacksaw and some courage, if the online tutorials I have read are to be trusted. I already warned Rod and Rod Jr., my valiant painters, that they can expect to hear some very unladylike cursing while I'm working.

I hope to have some pictures to share next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment