Thursday, December 5, 2013

Choosing Paint Colors

I officially submitted my paint colors to the painter today. This is very, very, very hard to do! I love color so much (quilting anyone?) and I love playing with color combinations so much, that I simply couldn't make a decision until I got very strict with myself.

I went online to get some advice, and liked the idea of picking an artwork or similar whose colors make you really happy and making it the source of your color palette. So I picked my two favorite quilting fabrics of all time: Kaffe Fassett's Paperweight, in "Pastel" and "Sludge." These are the only fabrics I have bought more than once:



These images from the web are a bit darker than the fabrics are in real life.

Here's the resulting paint palette.  The trim is a very bright white, for which I can't seem to find a swatch. I tried uploading pics from the paint company's site, but it won't work, so here's a snapshot of the paint chips, which doesn't quite capture the colors, but gets reasonably close:

Fans of Live Oak Cottage will notice that the blue and green are similar to the exterior colors I painted on that house.

And no, I'm not telling you where they're all going. It's a surprise!

1 comment:

  1. certain elves would like to know what you decided about your kitchen cabinets. Is the bottom color in the picture the eggplant?

    ReplyDelete