Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

Hello faithful fans! All is moving along, very quickly all of a sudden. The Sunday before Thanksgiving, I took an epic trip to IKEA to procure lighting, cabinet hardware, and a range hood. The rewiring project is complete. I've got HVAC installers working hard on the upstairs unit, the painters have started prepping the walls, and most exciting, I've officially given the go-ahead for a wonderful carpenter to build some cabinetry for me. Here are some pictures for your delectation, though I doubt you will find them as exciting as I do. Enjoy!

Pirate protects the range hood. I can't wait to install all this stuff. And to get out of the cottage and into the house!

In the upstairs office, HVAC ducting is waiting to be installed...

The ugly chair rail in the dining room is gone. It wasinstalled too high AND upside down, so while I'm not opposed to chair rail, it had to go. You can see some sanding has exposed evidence of a previous bright red paint job.

Paint prep in the upstairs hall!

Kitchen prep. Note the lovely new recessed lighting. I've got seven of these babies.

The only serious plaster patching is here in the living room. Those are kitchen cabinet doors removed for painting.

A sketch (out of scale) for my built-in bookcases. This makes me so happy.

The painters did so much in their first day. There's lots still to do.
All right, I'll do my best to keep you updated. Thanks for visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment